La Maison aux Volets Bleus, 3 Carrero de la Torre, 66320 Rodes. FRANCE
RENTAL CHARGES AND NOTES for 2014
£ 250 £ 300 £ 350 £400
Dec to Feb March/April May/June July/Aug
& Oct / Nov & Sept
Charges are inclusive of LINEN for up to 4 people. More linen IS available but is charged at £8 per person due to the high cost of laundering. Alternatively, you may bring your own.
The following is provided:-
One each of bottom/top sheets and two pillow cases per person. Large and small towels. (This is what you would need to bring if you are supplying your own linen.) Duvet covers are provided, plus hand towels and kitchen drying up towels. If your stay is longer than one week please use the washing machine to launder what is necessary. Some equipment for very young children can also be made available. Please apply for details.
1. HEATING IN COOLER MONTHS Heating charges are included - but guests are asked NOT to leave on the electric heaters in the bedrooms through the daytime as they are extremely expensive to run!
2. WATER: In France they say that wine is cheap and water is expensive! Water is metered, but not charged to guests.
3. CLEANING: This service is not included in the rental. If you would like to arrange for your final cleaning to be done for you after you leave, this can be arranged but please let me know, if possible, at the time of Booking. The cost for this service is 13 Euros per hour. Alternatively, you are requested to leave the house as you, I hope, found it, for the next guests. I will send you a cleaning list to help you.
THE OWNER’S KEYHOLDERS IN FRANCE ARE: JOLANDA & STEVE WILLIAMS
6 Camiral, Rodes 66320, France. Tel: 04 68 059644, from UK 00 33 4 68 059644
We would be very pleased should you wish to share what we look upon as a home and not just a holiday house and we hope the Brochure /Website will give you a good idea of the property and surroundings.
TV and WiFi
Please note that there is a flatscreen TV and a Video in the house, plus fast internet via WiFi. The TV provides overseas channels plus two English - BBC World and BBC Prime and, of course French channels. While we take no responsibility for their functioning, you are welcome to use them. However, we do not guarantee them and will not pay for repairs.
Click here for the BOOKING FORM
1. The property known as 'La Maison aux Volets Bleus' (the property) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mrs N Davison ('the owners') or their Agent, to the Renter ('the Client').
2. To reserve the Property, the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent, together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owners are able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period, eg extra maid service/use of heating etc., should be settled locally with the Owner’s representative before departure.
5. A security deposit of Euro 100 for every week or part week of the rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by the clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owners. This separate cheque will be held by the Owners and not banked. The Owners will account to the Client for this security deposit and refund, either the uncashed cheque or the balance due, within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
6. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. THE CLIENT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED TO ARRANGE A COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE POLICY (INCLUDING CANCELLATION COVER) AND TO HAVE FULL COVER FOR THE PARTY’S PERSONAL BELONGINGS, PUBLIC LIABILITY ETC., SINCE THESE ARE NOT COVERED BY THE OWNER’S INSURANCE.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4.00 pm on the first day and finish at 10.00 am on the last day, unless specific, alternative arrangements have been agreed. The Owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
8. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed seven.
9. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final check is included in our prices, the Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
10. The Client shall report to the Owner’s agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
11. The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:
12. For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden.
13. For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners.
14. For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owners shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
15. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by English Law in every particular, including formation and interpretation, and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of, or in connection with this contract, may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
Please note that these Booking Conditions will be included on our Confirmation of Reservation/Invoice Statement